This Butternut Squash Prosciutto Breakfast Hash and perfectly cooked eggs, might be your new favorite brunch.
Who doesn't love eating breakfast!
Whole 30 teaches you to start your day with a healthy protein filled breakfast (just like a veggie filled fritatta would be perfect!) Did we get sick of eggs throughout the month?? No way...we enjoyed delicious veggie packed hashes all month long!
I'll be sharing some of the recipes we had through the month, but here is a general idea!
And speaking of breakfasts, how can anyone get tired of eating butternut squash hash for breakfast? No one, never, ever. I could eat for all month long...and we did!
The key here is to prep and roast a bunch of veggies early in the week. I used them in breakfasts, salads and dinner sides. Once you throw in some cooked squash, spinach and prosciutto, just add eggs and you're set. And promise me you'll cook in nothing but cast iron for the rest of your life...it gives such awesome flavor and texture!
More breakfast ideas
Butternut Squash Prosciutto Breakfast Hash
- In a medium cast iron skillet (or any skillet you have), drizzle a bit of olive oil (or 1 Tb ghee) and place on medium heat.
- Add diced prosciutto and cook until crispy and all fat is rendered.
- Then add in the butternut squash and spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts and butternut squash is warmed.
- Then use a spoon to make 4 indents into the hash. Crack an egg into a separate bowl (this is always a good idea just in case you get a bad egg) and then slowly pour the egg into its pocket. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to cook the eggs until the whites are set. You may want to cover the pan with a large lid to help cook the top, for about 6-8 minutes (depending on desired yolk doneness).
- Once done, enjoy straight from the pan or on a plate. This is also fabulous with hot sauce, salsa and avocado!