A colorful and flavorful brunch recipe, this veggie frittata is loaded with sweet potatoes, mushrooms and hatch chiles.
You can present this in the middle of a simple breakfast spread with fruit and coffee and your guests will think you slaved over brunch for hours. However, this veggie and sweet potato frittata is probably the easiest breakfast you can make.
I really should have called it “throw everything you have leftover in the fridge that you need to cook before it starts growing pinkies- frittata”, but that wouldn’t gain anymore readers. Or would it?
Loaded Veggie Fritatta with Sweet Potato and Hatch Chiles
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup hatch chiles roasted and chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 eggs + splash of milk
- 1 cup cheddar shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet (or cast iron), drizzle with olive oil and add sweet potatoes. Cook on medium until potatoes are fork tender, about 10-12 minutes. I also covered the skillet with a lit to help cook faster.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl and set aside.
- When potatoes are done, add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Next evenly distribute the hatch chiles and spinach. Pour in egg mixture and tilt pan so eggs are distributed evenly. Season with salt and pepper and top with shredded cheese.
- Cook on stove top for 1-2 minutes so eggs begin to set. Then transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked and fluffy.
- When done allow pan to cool slightly and cut into wedges.