A simple and such an impressive brunch dish, raspberry and lemon dutch baby pancake has been on my mental bucket list for sometime. And thanks to Bonne Maman for not only sponsoring this post, but also inspiring me to finally cross another item off the culinary bucket list.
I love dutch baby pancakes in all it’s being. The rustic and unapologetic puffs and deflation the pancake goes through. It’s amazing what science and cooking can create. Room temperature eggs have more of a “puff” factor versus cold eggs that would not. Cooking tip to keep in mind.
From beginning to end, this eye catching dutch pancake can be on the table and devoured in just about 30 minutes, most of the time spent in the oven, leaving you to focus on brunch amenities and pouring another mimosa. Champagne and an easy brunch sounds glorious, doesn’t it? Mom would approve.
An extra scrape of lemon zest into the batter flows perfectly with the sweet raspberry jam and brightens up the dutch pancake perfectly. Once done, swirl it on top of the dutch baby straight out of the oven with a tablespoon of butter and a fresh squeeze of lemon juice at the end.
What will you be making your mother for Mother’s Day?
Raspberry Lemon Dutch Baby Pancake
- 3 whole eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk room temperature
- 1 Tb vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp lemon zest
- 3 Tb Bonne Maman raspberry preserves
- 3-4 Tb butter
- Powdered sugar optional, for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- First pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor or blender, add the eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest and vanilla extract and blend togetehr until everything is smooth and combined.
- In a small-medium cast iron pan, melt 2 Tb of butter, swirling around the pan to coat the bottom. Pour in the pancake mixture and place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, lower the oven to 300 degrees F and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the oven and top with raspberry jam, butter and a squeeze of lemon juice.
And a bit more cooking inspiration, thanks to Bonne Maman. How beautiful do these strawberry muffins look?
And just in time for Mother’s Day, Bonne Maman is giving away a 12 piece Le Creuset set…you can enter here!