Learn to make a colorful and flavorful vegetarian mezze platter with all the Mediterranean favorites, including stuffed grape leaves, hummus and fresh fruit and vegetables.
Mediterranean Mezze Platter
If you asked me what I eat throughout the day, it would be this. An assorted mezze of appetizers and finger foods that are simple to put together, incredibly flavorful and loaded with bright textures.
How to Make a Mezze Platter
This is where you can have fun with your mezze platter and add your favorite Mediterranean or Greek mezzes.
In this platter, I kept it simple and meatless.
- Stuffed Grape Leaves or Dolmas: You can buy them store bought but I much prefer homemade. Try my Mom's Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe or my Vegetarian Stuffed Grape Leaves.
- Israeli Chopped Salad- Combine a chopped cucumber and chopped tomato with olive oil, salt and dried mint.
- Homemade Hummus or Roasted Beet Hummus would be a fun pop of color.
- Homemade Pita Bread to dip into hummus and other dips.
- Cubed feta with dried oregano or mint
- Castelveltrano olives or your favorite olives.
- Labneh or Greek yogurt topped with pomegranate seeds
- Fresh fruit: figs, grapes or whatever your favorites are.
- Fresh Vegetables: Persian cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, baby bell peppers and carrots are just a few suggestions.
Think of color, texture and mezzes that people can easily pick up with their fingers, such as dipping pita bread into hummus or picking up a stuffed dolma.
More vegetarian inspiration
Vegetarian Mezze Platter
- ½ cup hummus homemade or store bought
- Olive oil for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- ½ cup labneh
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- 12 Stuffed grape leaves homemade or store bought
- ½ cup Israeli chopped salad
- 4 ounces cubed feta
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup whole Castelveltrano olives
- Fresh fruit figs, grapes or other favorites
- Fresh vegetables baby bell peppers, carrots or other favorites
- Sprigs of mint leaves for garnish
- Spoon hummus on one end of the platter and use the back of a spoon to make a well in the center. Drizzle with olive oil, a sprinkle of paprika and chopped herbs.
- On the other side of the platter, spoon labneh and top with pomegranate seeds.
- Arrange the grape leaves and chopped salad on the platter.
- Arrange cubed feta and garnish with dried oregano or mint.
- Finally, arrange the olives and fill in any gaps with fresh fruit, vegetables and sprigs of mint.