Creamy Home-Made Hummus
- 1 can garbanzo beans or chickpeas drained and 1/4c of liquid reserved
- 1/4 c tahini paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 Tb cumin
- 1-2 tsp paprika plus more for garnish
- 1 Tb olive oil plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small bunch of parsley chopped (for garnish)
- This is a pretty easy dish to make, however is really about pureeing a lot and tasting several times.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal attachment, add in beans, reserved liquid, garlic and tahini. Puree until smooth.
- Add spices, olive oil and lemon juice. Puree until very smooth and NO lumps.
- Taste for texture and flavor.
- Do you want more tahini for nuttiness?
- More salt?
- More paprika for heat? Is it too sticky or dry? Add a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mixture should be very creamy and full of fresh flavor.
- To plate on a platter, spoon the hummus in the center of plate and use the back of the spoon to make a well in the center. Drizzle with olive oil, a dusting of paprika and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
|Looks like Frankie Blue-Eyes wants some Hummus!|