Inspired from bold flavors of chicken shawarma, this salmon shawarma salad uses the same marinade…
You may not be able to stop once you dive into this bright and fresh Mediterranean watermelon salad. Sweet cubes of watermelon are gently tossed with creamy feta, thinly sliced onion and a simple sumac citrus dressing that makes all the bold flavors pop! Garnish the watermelon with a healthy amount of fresh mint and basil for a spectacular and gorgeous summer salad.
Watermelon Mint Salad
I took inspiration from the classic watermelon feta mint salad and kicked it up even more! The combo is known to be enjoyed around the Mediterranean and since those are some of my favorite flavors, I knew exactly how I would punch up the flavors. With the addition of fresh herbs (mint and basil) and a tangy sumac dressing that just brings the sweet flavors out even more!
This Salad Comes Together Quick
As in, very quick! In your serving bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey and sumac and add your sliced onions. Let those marinate as you prep the watermelon and feta. Then toss everything together, add herbs and voila. This watermelon feta salad couldn’t be easier to mix together and the layers of flavors are fantastic. Sweet watermelon, slightly salty and creamy feta with the bright pucker from the lime and sumac. Just outstanding.
More Summer Salads
Mediterranean Watermelon Salad
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac + more for garnish
- 1/2 red onion very thinly sliced
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 4 ounces cubed feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- In a large serving bowl, whisk lime juice, honey and sumac. Add sliced onions and toss to coat. Let onions sit for a few minutes.
- Add cubed watermelon, and feta and gently toss everything together.
- Garnish with chopped herbs and an extra sprinkle of sumac and give one gentle toss and serve.