Greek Infused Quinoa Salad
- 1 c chicken or vegetable stock low sodium
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
- Few sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1/4-1/2 c black olives pitted and chopped or left whole
- 4 oz fresh feta cheese cut into cubes
- 1 can of artichoke hearts cut in half
- 1/2-1 c cherry tomatoes halved
- Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
- Few leaves of fresh mint
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan, sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and
- oregano and cook for another minute.
- Add the quinoa and toast it for a few minutes.
- Add the broth, season with salt and pepper and stir once. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil Then reduce the heat to s simmer and cook for about 40 minutes until all liquid has evaporated and quinoa is tender.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and let cool in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes.
- Add other ingredients; olives, artichoke hearts, tomato, lemon zest and juice and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well.
- Top with fresh mint and cubed feta. Add the feta towards the end so you don't risk breaking it up while you mix it.