Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen from Juanita’s Cocina! Each day we will be celebrating the holidays with a different set of Christmas-themed treats, as well as a fabulous Christmas giveaway. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting today, Monday, December 9th and ending Saturday, December 14th.
I am so excited to be part of this event…those 2 lovely ladies seriously worked their tuches’ off putting together an AMAZING week of giveaways! I knew I had to bring my A-game for this weeks event, so therefore..why not start with something as perfect as Peanut butter and jelly cookies!
This is such a ‘classic-everyone loves combination” that I’ll be bringing them to this weeks cookie exchange party..fun, right? And speaking of cookies, if you saw my kitchen now….you would plotz (Yiddish for fall over)..haha. I have cookies coming out of my nose in this house! Well not exactly, obviously, but seriously…can someone get these cookies out of my house? This week alone, I have gone through over 4lbs of butter , 10 cups of sugar and 1 white chocolate meltdown.
‘Tis the season, right?
So let’s talk cookies.These peanut butter and jelly thumbprints are a snap. I used the same dough recipe for my Peanut butter surprise thumbprints and just filled them with my favorite jelly (seriously..this is the best!). To make it a bit more fun, I rolled the sides of the cookie in chopped almonds before baking. You can use any nuts and or jelly filling your little sweet heart desires too!
Looking for more baking inspiration?
Try one of my favorite and incredible easy Italian wedding cookies. They are quick to whip up and hold for a few days, so perfect for cookie gift boxes!
Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints
- 1/2 c creamy peanut-butter
- 4 Tb butter room temperature
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 c chopped almonds or other nut for rolling
- 1/2 cup of fruit jam
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add brown sugar and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla extract and continue to mix until everything is well incpororated. Use a spatula to make sure there is no butter on the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture until just mixed through. Use a spatula to mix any leftover butter/peanut butter.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- When dough is ready, use a melon-baller or cookie scooper to scoop out about a tablespoon of dough. Roll dough into a ball and use your thumb to make a "thumbprint" in the middle of the cookie. Roll sides of cookie into chopped nuts and place on non-stick baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the dough.
- When all cookies are on baking sheet, use a small teaspoon to add fruit jam into the thumbprint.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until the outsides of the cookie begin to brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
Coconut Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Covered Spoons by Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Juanita’s Cocina
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Frosted Sugar Cookies by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Peppermint Mocha Brownie Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
Holiday Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Cranberry Pistachio Eggnog Bark by See Aimee Cook
Chocolate Peppermint Donuts by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz by The Messy Baker
Pokey Fudge by Ninja Baking
Vanilla Wafer Holiday Bark by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Peanut Butter n’ Jelly Thumbprints by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Buckeyes by My Catholic Kitchen
Coconut Cream Tres Leches Cake by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Gluten-free Cinnamon Star Cookies by Masala Herb
Nanny’s Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
My Mother-in-law’s Fudge by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Peppermint Brownie Pops by Home Cooking Memories
Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Fudge by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella S’Mores by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Cranberry Yogurt Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake by Liv Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peppermint Fudge by Like Mother Like Daughter
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Magimix by Robot-Coupe. Magimix has an impressive history, and is the inventor of the first food processor for home cooks. Their machines are still handmade in Burgundy, France, and they are the only company to manufacture their own motors which feature a 30 year guarantee!
Chefs Catalog is offering a new, exclusive Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor package. The food processor features nested bowls, stainless steel blades, and a large feed tube. The included blender attachment transforms the processor into a fully-functional blender, and the citrus press is ideal for extracting juice from all types of fresh fruits. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!
***This giveaway is for one Magimix by Robot-Coupe 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor (in white)! This giveaway is open to Continental US residents only . When the contest concludes, the winner will be chosen by random draw. The winner will be notified through e-mail and they will have 3 days to respond or another winner will be chosen.***
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Magimix by Robot-Coupe. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***