Blueberry and peach clafoutis is the perfect summer dessert for when you need something that is quick, sweet and showcases summer's bounty beautifully. Traditionally, a French dessert where the fruit is baked in a creamy and light custard filling, and once baked is light enough for dessert or brunch.
Blueberry Clafoutis (or any berry, really)
Clafouti is a popular French dessert where fruit is nestled into a custard like batter. Traditionally, it's cherries, but this recipe is so versatile, you could use any seasonal fruit you have. I would suggest to make sure that the fruit cuts aren't too large so everything bakes evenly.
Peaches and blueberries are some of my favorite fruit combinations but peach and raspberries would be fantastic as well. And if you happen to have leftover raspberries, save some for a raspberry Dutch baby pancake, which uses very similar ingredients!
More Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
More sweet inspiration
Blueberry and Peach Clafoutis
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, orange zest, eggs, sugar, vanilla and melted butter until everything is well combined.
- Then add the flour, cinnamon and salt and whisk together well. It should look like pancake batter.
- Pour the batter into a medium oven safe dish or cast iron and scatter fruit all over the top. Some will sink and some will stay at the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the clafoutis is puffed and lightly golden brown.