Probably a bit of a stretch to call this borekas, because if you remember, I…
This simple stone fruit dessert recipe is the epitome of summer. Sweet grilled peaches are topped with with tangy vanilla speckled labneh and finished with honey and pomegranate seeds.
Oh hello, Easy Summer Desserts!
This summer is flying by and I have been craving something simple and sweet. The peaches this season are extraordinary and I am the type of person that likes a little give to my fruit, dripping, juicy fruit where you have to stand over the sink to eat it.
Those ripe peaches would be perfect for my peach berry clafoutis, however, if you are grilling them, the firmer the better!
Keep it even simpler by forfeiting the charred peaches and adding any fresh fruit or berries of your choice. The sweetness pairs lovely with tart Mediterranean labneh.
And if you can’t find labneh (you should!), substitute thick full fat Greek yogurt, which will still offer the same creamy tartness that goes so well with fresh fruit.
A Few Tips on Grilled Peaches
I took advice from my dear friend Laura over at Family Spice. She is the grilling queen!
- Get your grill pan or grill very very hot.
- Pick firmer fruit to grill, the softer fruit will release more juices and risk sticking to the grill
- Once on the grill, don’t touch until it releases from the pan easily
- A fish spatula that is flexible works really well to release the charred peaches from the hot pan with minimal sticking.
Charred Peaches with Vanilla Honey Labneh and Pomegranate
- 2 firm peaches cut in half and pit removed
- Grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup of labneh or thick Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder or 1 scraped vanilla bean
- 1 tsp honey + more for drizzling
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Begin by getting your grill pan or grill smoking hot and brush some grapeseed oil on the cut peach halves.
- Place halved peaches on hot grill and allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes, until the flesh has some nice char.
- While fruit it cooking, whisk together the labneh, vanilla and honey in a bowl.
- Once fruit is done, place in a bowl and top with a dollop of labneh, drizzle of honey, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint.