Peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies made with a sweet and nutty peanut butter cookie dough and filled with strawberry jam. A classic flavor combination made into delectable sweet cookies.
These peanut butter and jelly thumbprints are a snap. I used the same dough recipe for my Peanut butter surprise thumbprints and just filled them with my favorite jelly (seriously..this is the best!).
To make it a bit more fun, I rolled the sides of the cookie in chopped almonds before baking. You can use any nuts and or jelly filling your little sweet heart desires too!
Looking for more baking inspiration?
More cookies and desserts
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add brown sugar and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla extract and continue to mix until everything is well incpororated. Use a spatula to make sure there is no butter on the bottom.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture until just mixed through. Use a spatula to mix any leftover butter/peanut butter.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- When dough is ready, use a melon-baller or cookie scooper to scoop out about a tablespoon of dough. Roll dough into a ball and use your thumb to make a "thumbprint" in the middle of the cookie. Roll sides of cookie into chopped nuts and place on non-stick baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the dough.
- When all cookies are on baking sheet, use a small teaspoon to add fruit jam into the thumbprint.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15- 18 minutes, or until the outsides of the cookie begin to brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.