Get the grill going with sazon spiced salmon tacos, topped with a sweet and spicy bright mango corn salsa making this the perfect weeknight dinner.
Quick and Easy Salmon Tacos
We're kicking off the spring, summer and Cinco de Mayo season with these incredibly flavorful salmon tacos.
I'm using our favorite wild-caught Alaskan salmon from Alaska Gold Seafood. This is not a sponsored post, but I've worked with them for years and their seafood is of the highest quality.
Because we're using such flavorful salmon, there's not much that needs to be done. A quick seasoning with my favorite blend of Homemade Sazon Seasoning and topped with a bright and spicy mango salsa. And serve the salmon with a side of these easy refried beans for a delicious meal!
Season Salmon with Sazon
Sazon is a gorgeous mix of achiote, garlic and oregano to name a fee, it is often used in Puerto Rican and Cuban dishes and is one of my favorite flavorings.
The spice blend permeates whatever is touches with a gorgeous deep Latin aroma and an intense golden red hue. You can often find sazon at international stores and online and I have a recipe to make your own batch.
I highly recommend doubling the recipe because you'll want to put sazon on everything, such as this one pot sazon chicken with black beans that would be fantastic with fried plantains on the side.
What's in Sazon:
- Dried Oregano
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
What to Serve with Grilled Salmon Tacos
There is nothing more I enjoy then a good grilled fish tacos. The fried are OK, a bit heavy but I crave the smoky flavor the grill offers.
Serve salmon tacos with a sweet and crunchy mango salsa and of course, some homemade tortillas.
Here we mixed up corn kernels, diced sweet mango, fresh cilantro, purple cabbage for crunch and color and for added heat, finely chopped jalapenos.
Oh, and dare I forget, washing it all down with a mango margarita a citrus mezcal cocktail.
More Latin Inspiration
Sazon Spiced Salmon Tacos with Mango Corn Salsa
- 1 pound wild salmon skin and bones removed
- 1 tablespoon sazon mix
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
Mango Corn Salsa
- 2 ears of grilled corn
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno chopped finely (seeds removed for less heat, optional)
- ½ cup red cabbage chopped finely
- Small bunch of cilantro leaves removed and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cotija cheese
- Avocado or guacamole
- Tomato salsa
- Tortillas slightly charred and warmed
- Start with making the mango salsa. Cut off corn kernels with a knife and add to a bowl along with mango, jalapeno, cabbage, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and taste for seasoning. Let salsa sit while you cook the salmon.
- Get a grill pan or outdoor grill hot and brush oil on the grill. Use a paper towel to pat the salmon filets dry and generously season with sazon mix and salt on both sides.
- Grill salmon for about 3 minutes per side (depending on thickness) and once done, reserve to a plate.
- Use a fork to flake pieces of salmon and serve in charred tortillas, along with mango salsa and cotija cheese.
Hey Samantha! Just reading and seeing the pictures makes me want to try this right at this very moment. I love this already. The mango salsa would surely be a favorite! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Josh!