Get the grill going with sazon spiced salmon tacos, topped with a sweet and spicy colorful mango corn salsa for the perfect summer dinner.
We are having a later summer this year, and taking full advantage of it. As of the end of August now, our tomatoes are just ripening and the corn is still sweet. I’ll take it.
Season your salmon with sazon!
We seasoned some beautiful salmon fillets with my favorite spice blend, called sazon. A gorgeous mix of achiote, garlic and oregano to name a few. It permeates whatever is touches with a gorgeous deep Latin aroma and an intense golden red hue.
What to serve with grilled salmon tacos
There is nothing more I enjoy then a good grilled fish tacos. The fried are OK, a bit heavy but I crave the smoky flavor the grill offers.
Serve sazon spiced salmon tacos with a sweet and crunchy salsa and of course, some homemade tortillas. Here we mixed up corn kernels, diced mango, fresh cilantro, purple cabbage for crunch and color and for added heat, because I can’t get enough, chopped jalapenos!
Sazon Spiced Salmon Tacos with Mango Corn Salsa
Sazon Spiced Salmon
- 1 pound wild salmon skin and bones removed
- 1 tbsp sazon mix
- Canola or vegetable oil
Mango Corn Salsa
- 2 ears of grilled or roasted corn
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno chopped finely (seeds removed for less heat, optional)
- 1/2 cup red cabbage chopped finely
- Small bunch of cilantro roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cojita cheese
- Avocado or guacamole
- Tomato salsa
- First make the mango corn salsa. Cut off corn kernels with a knife and add to a bowl along with mango, jalapeno, cabbage, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and taste for seasoning. Let salsa sit while you cook the salmon.
- Get a grill pan or outdoor grill hot and brush oil on the grill. Use a paper towel to pat dry the salmon filet and generously season with sazon mix.
- Grill salmon for about 3 minutes per side (depending on thickness) and once done, reserve to a plate.
- Use a fork to flake pieces of salmon and serve in tortillas and tip with mango corn salsa and cotija cheese.