24 days and counting, is what Joe and I have been doing, gearing up for our 10 year wedding anniversary back home in Hawaii. So I thought it would be fun (and appropriate) to share a little end of the week Aloha-Friday cocktail.
Of course mango margaritas aren’t the norm when I go back home. Really just juices and smoothies loaded with my mom’s lilikoi from her tree. That’s what I can’t wait to devour! That and home-grown mangos from the farmers market. There is nothing like a mango from Hawaii. Sweet and perfectly ripe and permeating with tropical aroma. Did I mention 24 days and counting?
I was is more of a Cinco de Mayo mindset when I thought of this recipe. Though I have to admit, I would have rather made this with rum (and I did), or really just nothing at all and calling it a lassi. But the tequila won me over as I was making guacamole for our carne asada tacos the other day. But no, It’s all about the theme, people.
Mango Swirled Coconut Margarita
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce grand marnier
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2-3 pieces of fresh cut coconut optional
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks or fresh mango
- Lime salt
- Fresh cut mango
- Lime wedges
- First blend the mango swirl together until smooth and set aside.
- Then blend the coconut margarita mix and set aside.
- Rim glasses with simple syrup and lime salt and pour in mango puree about 1/2 inch. Then pour coconut margarita to just the brim of the glass.
- Serve with fresh mango and lime wedges.