Happy Tuesday all. I made you a margarita to help you get through the week. You can thank me later. 😉
This libation was the master-child of some recipe testing for my graduation party. Of course we had to test them out a few times.
These margaritas were a total hit for my Mexi-theme grad party! We had a taco cart going and Joe was whipping up these beauties at our DIY party bar. Do you love it?
The secret to these luxurious cocktails is what’s on the rim. My little secret weapon of salt, sugar, spicy cayenne and fresh lime zest. The salty, sweet, spicy and tangy flavors tickle every measure of your senses and trust me (I know from experience), you won’t stop at just 1. Problem or pleasure?
Chili-Lime Mango Margarita
- 5 chunks frozen mango or about 1 cup
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- 1.5 oz Sweet and Sour we used an organic brand which tasted much better than the less expensive variety
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- Ice Cubes
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 lime zested and cut into wedges
- Blend all the margarita ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- For the rim, use a plate that is wider than your glass. Add all chili-lime rim ingredients together and toss gently in a shallow bowl. Pour into a plate so you can rim your glass.
- Rim a lime wedge all along the rim of your glass and dip in the chili-lime salt. Pour the margarita in the glass and garnish with extra limes.