Baba Ghanoush and How to Roast Garlic
- 2 medium-sized eggplants firm, no blemishes
- 1/3 c tahini
- 2 lemons juice
- 1 garlic head roasted
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika and more for garnish
- 1 Tb olive oil and more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry eggplant and cut in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle with olive oil and wrap each eggplant half in foil. Place on baking sheet in pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 45 min.
- If you're roasting garlic too, add the garlic packet on the baking sheet as well.
- Check the eggplant, the flesh should be very soft and the inside very tender as well. You should be able to scoop it out easily with a fork or spoon. If not, roast longer.
- In a food processor (or if you don't have one, you can use a fork and lots of elbow-grease!), add the eggplant pulp (no skin), roasted garlic, fresh garlic, tahini, lemon juice, spices and olive oil. Pulse until creamy for about 30 seconds. Taste for personal preference.
- Garnish with olive oil and paprika.