If you've read my blog before, you know that I have a love for tomatoes.…
Roasted cherry tomato bruschetta is what I call, ‘not really a recipe-recipe”. When summery tomatoes are at their peak, there is not much you need to do to them. A deep char, garlic and a healthy drizzle of fruity olive oil is all you need. Layer the jammy tomatoes over crostini and top with lots of fresh basil for the perfect summery bite.
Peak Tomato Season
We are in peak tomato season and there is nothing more delicious then perfectly ripe cherry tomatoes begging to be layered on top of crisp crostini.
August through September is our peak season here on the West coast. As soon as their color deepens on the vine and with only a gentle pull, the cherry tomatoes come off easily. This is when I know they are perfectly ready and at their sweetest.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
When I don’t feel like thinking or cooking, I make what I like to call “not really a recipe-recipe”. I throw some cherry tomatoes in a baking dish with a good drizzle of olive oil, garlic cloves and pop it on a very hot oven. We’ve been having fun with an outdoor pizza oven that gets VERY hot, but you can still do the same in a standard oven.
The cherry tomatoes soften and char and their juices create the most delicious jammy sauce. I do something very similar with my roasted tomatoes and burrata recipe or you could roast some for a summery cherry tomato pasta.
More Tomato Recipe Inspiration
- Tomato Cobbler with Gruyere Biscuits
- Heirloom Tomato Focaccia
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Savory Tomato Crumble
Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a baking dish, add cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, olive oil and salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or as soon as they char and soften.
- When ready, remove from oven and gently press on the tomatoes with the back of a spoon to release their juices.
- Generously top roasted tomatoes over crostini as well as any accumulated juices. Garnish with lots of chopped basil and serve.