Sweet and spicy tomato mango salsa with serrano chile and simply seasoned with salt and fresh lime juice. The perfect addition to tacos!
We are still swimming in tomatoes given by our neighbors and finding more creative ways to use them. I called my mom and asked her for advice on this weeks top- “salsas and dips”. At first I was thinking about a roasted tomato and feta dip, but with this scorching heat, that wouldn’t feel so appetizing to me at the moment. Then mom suggested a fruit-tomato salsa.
I like my salsa authentic and spicy made by someone that doesn’t speak a word of English. But why not…go big or go home right? The mangoes looked amazing and I had a hot pepper…I can do this. And I did. Slightly sweet and a nice kick was what this salsa was all about. Refreshing and satisfying and carrying just enough heat.
Tomato Mango Salsa
- 1 mango chopped into cubes
- 2 medium or large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 small serrano or jalapeno pepper chopped (with or without seeds)
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together all ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate together for at least 20 minutes. Check for seasoning.