I was trying to come up with a creatively awesome title for this burger, but really…it’s just plain classy.
This is one of those burgers where you need to sit outside looking onto a golf course, put on your white gloves and drink a $50 bottle of wine.
Of course it will get messy, so you may want to remove the gloves beforehand. Good thing I didn’t have any gloves, but we did have an amazing golf course view.
Of course, this is my version of what I feel is the ultimate classy burger. A perfectly grilled burger patty topped with melting and pungent blue cheese, wine-sauteed mushrooms and onions and my little touch of garlic sauteed cherry tomatoes. That was my favorite part. I tossed the cherry tomatoes over high heat and threw a few whole garlic cloves in. The high heat blistered the tomato skins just before bursting. I absolutely love tomatoes like this!
This burger inspiration is all thanks to Kita from Pass the Sushi and Girl Carnivore. She had this epic idea of leading burger lovers to creating an entire month of burgers! So, during the month of July, over 30 bloggers will each share their favorite version of the burger. A different blogger and a different burger every single day of the month! This challenge is for fun, and the burgers can be any creation that the blogger can think of, from big and beefy, to healthy and vegetarian, as long as they up the ante on their own burger making skills.
The Classy Burger #BurgerMonth
- 1/2-3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 small onion I used red, sliced thin
- 1 cup button or cremini mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 Tb butter
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 brioche buns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 Tb ketchup
- 1 Tb sriracha
- 1 Tb horseradish
- Form ground beef into 2 patties, lightly working the meat together. Make a small indent with your thumb in the middle of the burger. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil and add butter. Add sliced onions and begin to cook on medium heat until the onions begin to soften, about 5-6 minutes. Next add the sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper, Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Next and the red wine and turn up the heat a bit to cook off the alcohol and reduce the wine. Continue cooking on medium until the onions and mushrooms are fork tender but still have a nice bite. taste for seasoning.
- In another small skillet, drizzle olive oil and add the cherry tomtoes and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on high until the tomatoes begin to blister and are tender. When done, set aside.
- Next, cook the burgers on medium-high grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Top with blue cheese for the last minute, covering so the cheese melts. Rest burgers on a plate and while the burgers are resting, grill the insides of the brioche buns.
- To make the spicy sauce, mix all ingredients together.
- To build your burger, spread some spicy sauce on the bottom bun, add tomatoes, burger and top with caramelized onions and mushrooms.
And the best part…there’s a Giveaway! (CLOSED)
Thank you text:
A huge thanks to all of the fun bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth , El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard, FireWire Grilling Skewers, Hamilton Beach, KitchenIQ, The Spice House, and Wisconsin Cheese