I have been on a coconut frenzy lately and can't get enough of it. Coconut…
A simple recipe for today. It’s Monday and this is usually my busiest day…but only for a few more weeks. There are only 24 days until I walk across the stage to grab my diploma (well, fake diploma really), but who’s counting. 24 days to write a 20pg paper, 8 min speech essay, 5pg paper and a presentation. I could totally do that….right?
So for busy times like this, I have “backup” food. Yup…food that I can just throw on the grill or in the oven and it is magically ready for me in minutes.
I made these tandoori chicken burgers quite a while ago, but I froze some of the patties for “disaster relief”….in cases like this! And since we bought our new grill/smoker yesterday, I am soo excited to use it! If anyone has amazing smoker/grill recipes…send ’em this way!
These burgers are super easy. All you do is add amazing spices and whip up a simple yogurt sauce, which I make all the time. Large pita bread instead of burger buns and top with fresh tomato. This is my kinda summer-grillin’!
Tandoori-Style Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 in piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp gram masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 to mato sliced
- Small handful of fresh mint parsley or cilantro
- Pita bread or naan cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c Greek yogurt
- Small bunch fresh mint chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, all the spices, garlic, lemon juice, ginger and green onions. Use your hands to score into 4 patties and and form into burgers.
- Heat a skillet or grill (I drizzle oil on the skillet) and cook burgers on each side until cooked through, about 3-4 min each side.
- To make the yogurt sauce, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. (Sometimes I had finely chopped cucumber as well).
- To assemble the burgers: Place burger on pita bread and top with tomato slice, fresh mint pr cilantro or parsley and dollop of yogurt sauce.