Happy Friday! I have a sweet and boozy treat to help you finish the week off.
Because we’re all getting into the sweet Holiday spirit, I thought a sweet and boozy nightcap sounded deliciously festive! So therefore, Boozy White Hot Chocolate was born and let me tell you, this is a lover! Confession: I can’t eat regular dark or milk chocolate, so I have to succumb to the sweet white chocolate and sometimes it’s not exactly my favorite. So my advice is to get the best quality white chocolate you can find. I used Ghirardelli, which is delicious! It’s sweet and melts perfectly but doesn’t offer that odd and chalky aftertaste that the cheaper brands do.
Now it’s time to make yourself a cup of this boozy goodness and cuddle on the couch.
Happy Holidays, kids!
Yields Makes 2 cups or 1 SUPER large mug
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 2 oz rum or Frangelico (or your favorite liquor)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- Marshmallows for topping
- In a small pot, on medium-low heat, add all the ingredients except for the marshmallows and rum. Use a whisk to mix everything together and slowly melt the chocolate.
- Once the heated milk is hot enough but not boiling, add rum and pour into mugs. Top with marshmallows.