Oh do I have a sweet treat for you! Boozy White Hot Chocolate is steeped with warm spices of cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg and spiked with a touch of hazelnut liqueur. The ultimate holiday sweet treat!
Because we’re all getting into the sweet Holiday spirit, I thought a sweet and boozy nightcap sounded deliciously festive! So therefore, Boozy White Hot Chocolate was born and let me tell you, this is such a treat!
White Hot Chocolate
Confession: I can’t eat regular dark or milk chocolate, so I have to succumb to the sweet white chocolate and sometimes it’s not exactly my favorite. So my advice is to get the best quality white chocolate you can find. I used Ghirardelli, which is delicious! It’s sweet and melts perfectly but doesn’t offer that odd and chalky aftertaste that the cheaper brands do.
A Few quick Tips:
- Let the milk and chocolate slowly melt together and not boil, which can burn both the milk and chocolate.
- Use the BEST quality white chocolate you can find, such as Ghiradelli or Valrhona
- If you don't have a nut liqueur such as Frangelico or Amaretto, Rum or Whiskey would be delicious!
- You can also omit the alcohol and add a splash of vanilla extract for another layer of flavor.
More adult beverages
Boozy White Hot Chocolate
- In a small pot, on medium-low heat, add all the ingredients except for the marshmallows and rum. Use a whisk to mix everything together and slowly melt the chocolate.
- Once the heated milk is hot enough but not boiling, add rum and pour into mugs. Top with marshmallows.