Oh do I have a sweet treat for you! Boozy White Hot Chocolate is steeped with warm spices of cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg and spiked with a touch of hazelnut liqueur. The ultimate holiday sweet treat!
Because we’re all getting into the sweet Holiday spirit, I thought a sweet and boozy nightcap sounded deliciously festive! So therefore, Boozy White Hot Chocolate was born and let me tell you, this is such a treat!
White Hot Chocolate
Confession: I can’t eat regular dark or milk chocolate, so I have to succumb to the sweet white chocolate and sometimes it’s not exactly my favorite. So my advice is to get the best quality white chocolate you can find. I used Ghirardelli, which is delicious! It’s sweet and melts perfectly but doesn’t offer that odd and chalky aftertaste that the cheaper brands do.
A Few quick Tips:
- Let the milk and chocolate slowly melt together and not boil, which can burn both the milk and chocolate.
- Use the BEST quality white chocolate you can find, such as Ghiradelli or Valrhona
- If you don't have a nut liqueur such as Frangelico or Amaretto, Rum or Whiskey would be delicious!
- You can also omit the alcohol and add a splash of vanilla extract for another layer of flavor.
Boozy White Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup white chocolate chips I used Ghirardelli
- 2 oz rum or Frangelico or your favorite liquor
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- Marshmallows for topping
- In a small pot, on medium-low heat, add all the ingredients except for the marshmallows and rum. Use a whisk to mix everything together and slowly melt the chocolate.
- Once the heated milk is hot enough but not boiling, add rum and pour into mugs. Top with marshmallows.
that looks like a great winter drink!
I'm not a lover of white chocolate but this one really looks good that I want to try it. Thanks for sharing!
I added some vanilla and used Rumchata; it was very sweet and a huge hit at my book club.
Those are great additions! Yum!! Thank you for the comment!
This is delicious! I added the liquor after pouring some out for my kids and even they think it’s great!
haha..I like the way you did that! Thank you TK!
Leina Smoker says
This was amazing!!!! Only change was I only had whole cardamom so I threw it in and steamed with the milk and removed before serving. New Favorite winter drink!!!
Samantha Ferraro says
Fantastic, Whole cardamom is Wonderful. Thanks for following me. Samantha