One pot lovers, unite! This is a new revelation for me to be honest. I…
A Print button for my recipes- I have been wanting that forever! I tried to figure it out myself, but honestly, who am I kidding? This will allow you guys to be able to print just the recipe instead of my entire blog post.
An eye-catching recipe page- I will have a new recipe page that will be indexed and easier to navigate what you are looking for! Looking for vegetarian? Sure, just click on that! Looking for Jewish cooking..click on Jewish cooking!
An easier commenting system- One of my favorite things to read everyday are the comments I read from you. Honestly, when I started this food blog, all I did was write recipes I made and people from all over the world are telling me they’re making them at home. It’s amazing. However, some of you have said you’ve had trouble commenting…well that’s going to get easier!
In the meantime…find a Persian market and get Lemon Omani and make this soup!
Persian Lemon Chicken Soup…and Some Awesome Changes!
- Begin to heat a large dutch oven or soup pot with olive oil and saute chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes until translucent.
- Next add pinch of saffron and stir for a minute. Add the water and stir in the turmeric powder. It will become a deep gorgeous yellow color.
- Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper and dried lemon. Cover and bring to a boil and then down to a simmer for about 3 hours.
- When chicken is done (you can tell if its falling apart), take chicken out and shred it using to forks. Then return to pot.
- During the last half hour of cooking, add your 2 cans of chickpeas and continue to cook on a low simmer.
- Discard the dried lemon when done.