These Halloween shortbread fingers are so deliciously gorey and perfect for Halloween! Tender shortbread cookies are finished with a toasted almond nail and finished with a sweet and bloody fruit sauce.
Halloween Shortbread Fingers
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Red food coloring optional
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy then add sugar, egg and vanilla and continue beating until smooth and well incorporated.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt to the butter mixture and continue beating until just incorporated.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes. While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 235 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once dough has chilled, roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into an oblong finger shape. Place fingers about 3 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place a sliced almond on one end of finger, gently pressing the almond in. For added effect, use a toothpick or other sharp edge and make three slits into the cookie, representing the knuckles.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- While the cookies baking, make the bloody raspberry sauce. Heat the raspberry jam in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and continue simmering until jam liquified consistency.
- To serve, dip shortbread fingers into raspberry sauce and serve.