A simple pear and arugula salad made with a nutty and slightly creamy Parmesan vinaigrette.
I hope I do make it clear that with my blog, I want to focus on fresh, wholesome and real ingredients. Now I'm not talking down on a trip to In n Out, which us Cali peeps know is a necessity to have in our lives. What I want to convey is that real and delicious ingredients don't need a lot of covering up and should be respected and loved.
When I made this arugula salad, that's exactly what I was thinking. Peppery arugula with salty and creamy Parmesan is a classic combination. Top with crisp, sweet pears and all of this simplicity bursts with flavor.
Pear and Arugula Salad with Parmesan Dressing
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 pear sliced
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few dashes hot sauce optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend all the dressing ingredients until incorporated. About 30 seconds. Taste for seasoning.
- Toss a few tablespoons of dressing with arugula and top with sliced pear.
- *Store leftover dressing in fridge.
The salad looks lovely, but Hula is ADORABLE! Thanks for giving me the link to include in my upcoming Band Fruit Fundraiser Recipe Round Up! It will be published on 12/4/2013!
Kristen...thank you so much for including several of my recipes! Going to check out the post now!