New Year promise : No more wimpy salads! All in? I was obsessed with this…
I just bought Tyler Florence’s new book, “Fresh” and I have to say I am pretty obsessed with it. I have already marked down at least 10 recipes that I want to make and am so intrigued with his way of thinking. Today’s recipe isn’t from his book, however did help “inspire” me to value the naturality (if that’s a word) of ingredients.
I hope I do make it clear that with my blog, I want to focus on fresh, wholesome and real ingredients. Now I’m not talking down on a trip to In n Out, which us Cali peeps know is a necessity to have in our lives. What I want to convey is that real and delicious ingredients don’t need a lot of covering up and should be respected and loved.
When I made this arugula salad, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Peppery arugula with salty and creamy Parmesan is a classic combination. Top with crisp, sweet pears and all of this simplicity bursts with flavor.
On a side note, I found this pic of Hula in the same folder as my salad photos. She’s kinda camera shy.
Pear and Arugula Salad with Parmesan Dressing
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 pear sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Few dashes hot sauce optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend all the dressing ingredients until incorporated. About 30 seconds. Taste for seasoning.
- Toss a few tablespoons of dressing with arugula and top with sliced pear.
- *Store leftover dressing in fridge.