Fresh Raspberry and apple crumble with a touch of lemon zest, brown sugar, cinnamon and perfectly crisp sweet oat topping.
Fresh Raspberry and Apple Crumble
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 3 apples peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 3/4 c old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c all- purpose flour
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 7 Tb unsalted butter chilled and diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine raspberries, apples, white sugar, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- in a bowl and toss gently to combine. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- In same mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter. Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingertips until it holds together and looks like moist clumps.
- Sprinkle the topping over the berry mixture. This amount will probably give you more than you need, but I like a lot of topping.
- Bake the crumble until the topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. About 45 minutes (for my oven)..so check anywhere between 40-50min.
- *Suggestion-put a baking sheet underneath with some parchment paper to catch any fruit droppings so it doesn’t go all over your oven.
- When crumble is done, let rest for at least 15 min and serve with ice cream!