Well...I guess it's about time I let the cat out of the bag already, yes?
I've been thinking of ways to announce this on my blog. Something clever and unique? I thought about doing a Facebook live of me jumping up and down, but really, my nerves got the best of me and that didn't happen.
So I continued cooking...and cooking. And testing..and cooking some more.
You guys...I'm WRITING A COOKBOOK!! I still can't believe and in fact, my editor just sent a mock-up of the cover and I am in love! But that will be for a bit later on!
OK..so here's the details! I am so happy I finally announced it. I felt like it was a weight I was carrying around. I want to tell everyone, but wasn't sure how. So let's just get right into it, shall we?
- Tentative and most likely title: The Weeknight Mediterranean Kitchen
- I am in LOVE with my concept and title. As you all know, I come from a vast background, being a Jewish girl from NY, then living in Hawaii, Southern California and now the Pacific Northwest, I have been blessed to be part of so many different cultures! But Mediterranean food is in my soul. I love it, I respect the flavors and ingredients and like to have fun with it as well!
- Manuscript is due mid October and at this point, I'm a little over halfway done with the recipes. I have A LOT more to do...a LOT! And thinking about it is giving me anxiety, so I'll just do one day at a time. I work quite well under pressure, so this actually feels alright. (Is that weird?)
- Release date will be Spring of 2018!! Not definite date yet but I will certainly keep you posted!
- What the book is about:
- Originally, the editor and I were going back and forth and we both agreed on a concept that we are both happy with. Weeknight Mediterranean will be about easy, approachable recipes that you can make after work or for lunches with spice and flavor from the Mediterranean.
- There will be a section on my favorite spices with corresponding recipes associated and a few more Mediterranean cooking essentials.
- Chapters included are : breakfasts, mains, grains, soups and my favorite chapter...dips and spreads! I think that will be the most fun.
- It is NOT Kosher: I do have a lot of kosher readers, however because I do not keep kosher, some of the recipes are not (Shellfish, etc). However, there are a lot of delicious recipes that can still be made in a Jewish household.
- I am taking ALL of the food photos myself, and will have my wonderful friend from Katheryn Moran Photography doing a few author photos as well.
I think that is the gist of it for now. I'm still cooking, and cooking and cooking. Which brings me to ask....
I'm looking for recipe testers! If you are interested, send me an email to FerraroKitchen at gmail.com
Until then..keep watching for updates. And OMG......I'm writing a book!!!