This refreshing guava mojito may be too easy to drink! Sweet and tropical guava juice is shaken with muddled mint and fresh lime juice.
Guava mojito is a tropical twist on the classic Cuban cocktail, the mojito. It is a refreshing and fruity drink that combines guava juice and rum, fresh mint leaves and a good squeeze of fresh lime juice.
How to Make Guava Mojitos
To make a guava mojito, you will need guava juice, which can be found in the juice section of many grocery stores.
Begin by muddling the mint leaves with the lime wedges. Muddling releases the herbaceous oils from the mint and opens up it's aromatic flavors.
Next, add the guava juice, rum and cointreau and ice. Shake everything together in a cocktail shaker for at least 30 seconds until the shaker is ice cold.
Fill a glass with crushed ice and strain the cocktail into the glass and top with more crushed ice, if desired.
Garnish with more fresh mint and serve.
The resulting drink is a delicious and refreshing blend of tropical fruit, tangy lime, and cool mint, with a hint of rum adding a subtle kick. It's the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot summer day or any time you want a taste of the tropics.
Way Too Easy Guava Mojitos
- Small bunch of fresh mint + more for garnish
- Wedge of lime
- 4 oz rum
- 2 oz Cointreau or orange liquor
- 12 oz guava juice I used Ceres
- Sparkling water
- In a tall shaker or glass, use the back of a wooden spoon (or a muddler) and bruise the mint and lime wedge together to release some of its aroma.
- Then, add the rum, Cointreau, guava juice and a handful of ice and close the lid tightly and shake for a good 20 seconds.
- Fill a glass with crushed ice (preference) and pour in mojito. Top with sparkling water and mint leaves.