Meyer-lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Start by rubbing together the lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl. I used the back of a fork. Do this until the sugar turns light yellow and mixed well.
- Pre-heat pan and add coconut oil.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt and melted butter.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir everything together until just combined. The batter will be thick.
- Using a ladle, spoon batter into pre-heated pan and top with fresh berries. I like to add the fresh berries as the pancakes cook instead of directly in the batter, but that's just me.
- Cook pancakes on 1st side until edges stop bubbling and it is easy to slide a spatula underneath. Flip over and cook other side.
- When done, squeeze some extra lemon juice on top of pancakes and add fresh berries. I also warmed maple syrup and added a cinnamon stick.
Best stormy morning breakfast ever.