Blogging, you calm me. I feel at ease and in my center of joy when you and I are working together. We are working towards a common goal, to share our passions and love for food with the world.
I promise to adhere more time to you as I did with this exotic chutney. I promise to take more time for us and the ones that cherish the love of good food as much as we do.
Now this exotic chutney totally rocks my world. Joey brought home some beautiful organic
kumquats and I was quick to search for the perfect recipe. I wanted something warm and intriguing with floral flavors. I wasn’t in the mood to bake and I really wanted these little tart jewels to pop and show everyone what they’re made of. Chutney seemed like the perfect option. Accompanied with warm ginger and sweet dates, this chutney pairs perfectly with a salty slice of good parmigiano reggiano.
1) Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and add 1/4 c of water. Lightly mix everything together.
Inspired by Bon Appetit
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 3 Tb sugar
- 1 in piece of ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 Tb white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tb cardamom
- Large pinch of ground cloves
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 cup of dates, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup of kumquats, quartered lengthwise (I used the small container it came in).
- 1) Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and add 1/4 c of water. Lightly mix everything together.
- 2) Cover and bring to a boil and then bring the heat down to a simmer. Simmer on low for another 10 minutes, until the kumquats are tender.