Welcome to Day #3 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
I hope you are enjoying the tapas theme I’ve been bombarding everyone with! I took it upon myself to make tapas for #AppetizerWeek because…frankly, I can’t get enough of them! I just love these little bites!
So because we’re in the middle of the week, I thought a super easy tapa would be in order. These are seriously the easiest bite you can make..because it’s just 3 ingredients!! 3 awesome ingredients that is!
All I did was stuff mushrooms with shredded manchego cheese and topped with roasted red pepper. Both mushrooms and manchego were HUGE while we were in Spain and the mushrooms that we saw at the markets were just amazing. All different kinds, rustic and earthy. I had no idea how vast and necessary mushrooms were in Spain. Here is a photo I took at La Boqueria in Barcelona.
Gorgeous, right? We can find mushrooms like that here but they’ll cost an arm and a leg in the States! So for now, how about simple and delicious baby portabellos to work with!
- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 roasted bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup Manchego cheese, shredded
- Spanish olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Begin by cleaning your mushrooms Remove the stem and use a damp towel to clean off any dirt. You never want to rinse mushrooms because they can toughen.
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake mushrooms in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes until they begin to soften.
- When mushrooms are done, there should be water that has settled in the mushroom cap. When mushrooms are cool enough to handle, drain out the liquid.
- Stuff mushrooms with shredded cheese and top with a slice of roasted pepper. Drizzle with additional Spanish olive oil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Blogs for more Snack Time Deliciousness:
- Meatball Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Gluten Free Onion Butter Pretzels by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Crawfish Dip by Call Me PMc
- Low-Carb Shrimp Guacamole by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Cooking in Stilettos
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sriracha Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Margherita Pizza Sticks by Makobi Scribe
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs by Flavor Mosaic
- Feta-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Ham and Sauerkraut Balls by From Gate to Plate
- Cheddar Cayenne Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Pickle Chipss by Lemons for Lulu
- Cheddar Cheese Olive Puffs by Life Off the Clock
- Manchego and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa by Home Cooking Memories
- Mango Jalapeno Sausage Rolls by Food Done Light
- Ham & Cheese Mini Cracker Sandwiches by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Spicy Cheese Rounds by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Chicken and Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers by Cookerati
Today’s sponsor is Not So Simple Syrup. They can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your penchant for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas, non-alcoholic beverages and dessert making and baking too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. Not So Simple Syrup is providing us with a 6-month gift basket subscription for the winner. Each month you will get a gift package with a new theme and everything you need to whip up a favorite recipe from the Not So Simple Syrup crew. Everything but the booze will be included and shipped directly to your door. Like wine of the month, but with simple syrups. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Not So Simple Syrup. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***