Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Zest
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- Zest of 1 lemon + more for garnish
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped or grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil + more for finishing
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt + more for finishing
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Trim the bottom root end off of each brussels sprouts and cut in half. Discard any outer leaves that fall off or look wilted.
On a baking sheet, add the cut brussels sprouts, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil all over and toss with hands making sure everything is covered with oil and arrange in a single layer.
Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until some of the outter leaves are crisp and brussels sprouts have softened but still hold their shape.
Once done, arrange brussels sprouts on a platter and garnish with an extra drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and lemon zest.
- When trimming brussels sprouts, leave the smaller ones whole so they cook evenly with the larger sprouts.
- Cut large brussels sprouts in half or even quarters if they are very big.
- Lay on a single layer on a baking sheet so the brussels sprouts can caramelize.
- I like to use my zester aka microplane to grate garlic instead of chopping it.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg