Salmon Curry with Lemongrass and Galangal
A simple salmon curry with with strong Thai flavors of ginger, galangal and lemongrass. Serve with basmati rice for a flavorful and quick weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped finely
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 inch piece of galangal root sliced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass gently crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground curry powder
- 2 tablespoons panang or red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ pound keta salmon
- Salt and pepper
- Lime wedges
- Cilantro and mint leaves
- Sliced Fresno pepper
Add coconut oil to a large skillet and being to medium-high heat. Add sliced shallot, garlic and jalapeno and sauté until shallot is translucent but not browned.
Stir in the ginger, galangal root, lemongrass, spices and curry paste and sauté for 30 seconds. Then add in brown sugar and coconut milk and stir to combine.
Nestle in the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Place a lid on the skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes until curry mixture has thickened slightly and salmon is cooked through.
Once done, you can flake the salmon for easier serving and garnish with fresh cilantro and mint leaves, sliced chili and lime wedges.
Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1225IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2.8mg