1) Get your grill SMOKING hot! Ours gets to about 400 degrees F.
1) Get pizza dough. You can make your own or buy it made at Whole Foods or Trader Joes (way easier). Allow your dough to rest at room temperature for a few minutes before rolling out. We use about 4 oz of dough per pizza. Make sure to roll your dough as thin as possible.
3) Prep your toppings: sauce, cheese, sliced tomatoes, vegetables, meats, etc. Have it ready to go on a platter to place next to your grill.
4) Use a pizza peel to help transfer the pizza to the grill or, you can also use the back of a floured baking sheet.
5) Carefully place your dough on the hot grill and cook the dough on its first side for just 2-3 minutes. This happens very quickly and you'll see the dough starting to bubble.
6) Now here's when to work fast. Turn the pizza dough oer and place it on your cookie sheet or pizza peel. You want the cooked side up and facing you. Add your favorite pizza ingredients on, but don't over-do it. A little goes a long way.
7) Carefully place your pizza back on the grill to cook on the other side. You can close the lid for 2 minutes so the cheese melts.
8) Keep an eye on your pizza. You will see the sides crisping up. When done, remove to pizza pan (or baking sheet) and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting.