Spinach-Asparagus Mini Puff Pastry Bites
Servings: 12 mini puff pastry bites
- 1 sheet of puff pastry defrosted
- 1 9 oz. box frozen spinach I used Green Giant's spinach, defrosted
- 1 9 oz box frozen asparagus I used Green Giant, defrosted
- 2 Tb lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling in mixture (this depends on personal taste, but guesstimate 1/4 cup)
In a food processor, combine the spinach, asparagus, lemon olive oil, basil, Parmesan cheese, goat cheese and salt and pepper.
Pulse everything together until it forms a paste. You may want to add more olive oil if needed, but just like a pesto, use your eye to measure. Taste for seasoning.
Unwrap your defrosted puff pastry and lightly roll out so it stretches a bit. Then use a sharp knife to cut along the seam into 3 long pieces. Then cut each strip into quarters, so you will wind up with 12 squares.
Take each puff pastry square and place it into your muffin tin. (*Note: I used a mini muffin tin).
Next, use a teaspoon to scoop spinach asparagus mixture into the puff pastry cups. Then take the corners of the pastry and gently fold over and close.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until the pastry begins to get golden brown. Then remove from oven and allow to cool a bit before serving.