Apple Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
Apple Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce is a festive twist on a classic Thanksgiving side dish. With bright orange zest and fresh cranberries, you'll never want to buy the canned sauce again.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups cranberries frozen or fresh
- 2 apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange zested and juiced (reserve some zest for garnish)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1 1/2 water
Add everything to a pot and stir together.
Bring to a boil and then cover and lower to a simmer and cook until fruit breaks down and is tender, about 40 minutes. When done, discard cinnamon stick.
Allow cranberry sauce to cool to room temperature and then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This is the perfect recipe to make a few days in advance. It keeps very well in the fridge.
- Pears would be a fun substitute for apples.
- Orange juice or pomegranate juice would be a good substitution for the water but may change the sweetness level a bit.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 102IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg