1) Lay a good layer of Hawaiian salt on the bottom of a wide baking dish.
2) Rinse and pat fry your salmon, place it on top of the salt and cover it with more salt.
3) Cover it in plastic wrap and place another wide dish with a large weight to help weigh down the fish. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
4) By this time you can see the salt helped pull the moisture out of the fish. It's totally safe and delicious to eat the fish now since the salt helped cure it. Next, rinse the salmon very well under cold water. (You may even want to rinse it several times because it can get very salty).
5) Remove skin from salmon and cut into small cubes. Add chopped tomatoes, onion and green onion. Toss well and refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble plate with 1 or 2 schoop white rice, 1 scoop mac salad, lomi salmon and kalua pork.