I was debating whether to blog about about a basic guacamole recipe. It is so common and everyone does it, right? But why not? I always say, it’s the simplest of ingredients that create the best flavors.
We’re lucky to live in an area with vast amounts of avocados. Even when I go back home to Hawaii, organic avocados are plentiful and HUGE! I don’t worry about the fat consumption. It’s good fat, I don’t splurge too much and it is sooo decadent anyway. I feel like I’m always getting a treat!
So the thing with our guac recipe is that it lacks raw onions…shocking? Joe and I both aren’t too fond of raw onions and well…they aren’t fond of us either. (Mylanta, anyone?)
However, I promise you this heart-healthy and indulgent dip is everything you are looking for. Filled with fresh heat of Serrano peppers and fresh garlic, just enough to hit your taste buds and then mellow out. Bright cilantro has to be included as well us a burst of fresh squeezed lime juice (only fresh!). My secret ingredients that make Joey go bonkers are staples in this house- A dash of Cholula hot sauce and a simple pour of tomatillo salsa.
Go make this..you won’t be disappointed.
Avocados has the highest protein of any fruit.
They also contain more potassium than bananas!
About 53.5 million lbs of guacamole is consumed every Superbowl Sunday, enough to cover a football field more than 20ft thick! Source
1) In a medium-sized bowl, add chopped pepper and garlic.
2) Then cut avocados in half and carefully remove pit with knife.
3) Add avocado flesh to bowl, breaking it up with the back of a fork.
Then add the chopped cilantro, tomatillo salsa, Cholula hot sauce, lime juice and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Store in fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
The Ultimate Guacamole Recipe!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 Serrano chili chopped finely (seeded or not)
- 1 garlic clove chopped finely
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1 lime juiced
- Few dashes hot sauce
- 1 Tb Tomatillo Salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, add chopped pepper and garlic.
- Then cut avocados in half and carefully remove pit with knife.
- Add avocado flesh to bowl, breaking it up with the back of a fork.
- Then add the chopped cilantro, tomatillo salsa, Cholula hot sauce, lime juice and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Store in fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 523mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg