1) Buy your dough! Really…instead of making it, which is fun, yes…but for a few dollars, go to Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s and buy a bag of pizza dough already prepped for you. Use a scooper or sharp knife dusted with flour to cut it into portions. Usually we can get 4-good sized pizza’s out of the bag.
2) Roll out evenly and use a combo of flour and cornmeal at the bottom of your pizza pan so your dough doesn’t stick.
3) Make your tomato sauce the day before or earlier in the day. Don’t put hot sauce on the cold dough. It will cause the dough to get sloppy and break. (We’ve learned from experience….whoops!)
4) Prep is key! Have all your condiments ready, chopped and lined up. Pre-heat your oven to its highest setting. So when you are ready to assemble, just slip your pizza in and in 5min…Finito!
5) Don’t overcrowd your pizza! I think we get so crammed up in all the toppings we can throw on, we forget the beauty of simplicity. Not to mention all the toppings will weigh the dough down. So keep it simple.