To continue onto our South American journey, let’s grab a glass of refreshing, fruity and oh-so entertaining Sangria!
Hubby and I always try and “theme” our dinner…it is pretty cute actually. Sake with sushi, wine with steak and now sangria with Mexican food! Why not, right?
This is fabulous for all you red wine lovers out there. The longer you allow the fruit to soak up and take advantage of the deep juices of the wine, the better it tastes. And of course the best part is fishing for all the wine drenched fruit at the bottom of your glass. A splash of Grand Marnier is added and a sweet kiss of pomegranate juice intensifies the natural sugars of the fruit and alcohol. And finally top each libation with a touch of sparkling water for a little sass.
1) Add fruit, wine and juices to large pitches and mix well.
2) Refrigerate for a minimum of 6hrs (Better if you can for 24hrs but I’ve done it in less time).
3) When ready to serve, top with sparkling water.
Sangria: A Sip of South America
- 750 ml Red Wine (dry Spanish preferred)
- 1/2 c Grand Marnier
- 1/2 c Pomegranate juice
- Assortment of fresh fruit sliced
- we used 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 orange, 1 apple, 2 nectarines and cherries
- Sparkling water for topping
- Add fruit, wine and juices to large pitches and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 6hrs (Better if you can for 24hrs but I've done it in less time).
- When ready to serve, top with sparkling water.