- Replace Ziplocs with clear glass jars.
- Replace spices with magnetic spice tins that can be placed on fridge wall = Magnetic spice rack wall and de-cluttering spices in cabinet.
- Re-organize cans and donate whatever has not been used in 6 months or more.
- Create a Bakers shelf closer and more easily accessible to my 5 foot self.
|I don’t know why I chose green?|
- We found several sizes of clear glass jars at Home Goods ranging from $2-$4 and cleaned the store out! We replaced the Ziplocs with the jars and typed up bold labels so we know exactly is in each jar.
- I did the same thing for the Baking Shelf and moved that down to the middle shelf. I can’t believe I was managing with it all the way up there! Every time I needed to bake (which is pretty often), I needed to grab our step stool and climb up there…sometimes even leaning on our counter. I’m so short.
- Cans were re-organized and some donated.
- We have A LOT of spices on our Lazy-Susan. I took majority of them and purchased small magnetic tins to put the spices in. We still have the Spice Rack, but it’s not nearly as cluttered. We found the magnetic tins at World Market for $2 each, but I also saw them at Bed Bath & Beyond for a few dollars more.
Saves Money– Because we are able to see what we have now, we won’t be buying more of one item; we will use what we have and replenish when needed.
Saves Money X 2 – Now that we are filling big jars, we will steer away from buying in bags and will be buying in bulk = saving us in the long run.
Healthier– Food keeps getter in glass than in plastic.
Spring cleaning always feels good!