I am so thrilled to start sharing about our cookbook club meetups! So far we have done 3 all together and since it's the beginning of the year, I figured this would be the perfect time to start chatting and blogging cookbook club.
I share cookbook club on my Insta-stories and wrote a post about how to start your own cookbook club. So head over there to read all about it. It's super chill but always delicious!
January Cookbook Club: Isa Does It (Amazon affiliate link if you'd like to order)
My friend Caz brought this book over to our first meetup and I was instantly hooked. It's a vegan cookbook but has so many gorgeous and inspiring recipes, I couldn't wait to dig in!
No Fancy photos here, just FYI. We were having way too much fun being hungry and cooking! Look at that spread!
On the menu:
- I made Mushroom Chipotle Tacos (pg. 113) and added Oh She glows cilantro lime cashew cream sauce, which was outstanding!
- My friend Lizzie made Shitake Bahn Mi (pg. 105) were was fantastic! The bread is smeared with the most delicious almond sriracha spread and the cool quick pickled radishes were insane!
- My friend Caz from Seasoned at Sea made Chandra Malai Kofta (pg. 216), which was actually my 1st pick but I am so glad someone decided to make it! The kofta are made from chickpeas and zucchini and then you pour over this luxurious cashew based curry sauce which I am still dreaming about!
- My friend Jessica made this gorgeous pesto pasta with q=cauliflower and breaded tofu (pg. 126). She used quinoa pasta which was surprisingly delicious with a nice al dente bite!
- And of course there had to be desert! My friend Tristen from One Armed Mama made Peach Raspberry Cobbler(pg. 298) which was the perfect sweet ending to a fabulous dinner!
Next Months Cookbook Club is all about Korean food, specifically recipes from Maangchi!