Happy Hummus Day! Today I am helping Sabra Hummus celebrate this momentous event by sharing another delicious way to enjoy your favorite dip!
Sabra plans to saturate your day with events, prizes, social media fun and, of course – lots and lots of hummus. Plus, a free Hummus for Dummies e-book on their Facebook page! Info about all the giveaway and fun will be at the bottom of this post!
I had so much fun creating a recipe using their products. I usually make my own hummus (as you’ve seen) but cheat sometimes and buy it made already, since I eat it so often!
I wanted to create a fun appetizer utilizing hummus and savory spring leeks. So simple as it is, I smeared on their classic hummus on freshly toasted bread, brightened it up with a light dusting of lemon zest and topped with caramelized leeks. The real fun part was using those little quail eggs! Have you ever had quail eggs before? They are tiny, fragile and very delicate but pack in a big punch of flavor! They were not only the perfect little size to fit on top of my hummus crostini, but delivered huge “umami” flavor” to the crostini. Trust me, the pairing seems..well interesting but it is insane amazing!
- Facebook – Sabra will have a tab on their Facebook page for 24 hours on 5/15 giving out coupons for National Hummus Day. You can also download their ebook – Hummus for Dummies, on a tab starting that day – its pretty fun 🙂
- Twitter or Instagram – Sabra will be giving away 10, $100 Visa Gift Cards and Party prize packs for tagging a pic of Sabra and themselves! Use #HummusDay for a a chance to win a Sabra Party Prize Pack, full of Sabra swag, free Sabra coupons and a $100 Visa gift card for all the dippers!
- Pinterest – From Enter the Pinterest Pin it to Win it here for a chance to win more prizes!
Good luck everyone!
And how are you celebrating Hummus Day?
Hummus and Leek Crostini for #HummusDay
- 6 slices of baguette sliced 1/2 in thick on a diagonal
- 1/2-3/4 cup Sabra classic hummus
- Lemon zest
- 2 Leeks sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 quail eggs or regular eggs for larger crostini
- Begin by toasting your bread on both sides. When done, set aside.
- Use a small spoon to spread hummus onto bread. Sprinkle with a few shavings of fresh lemon zest.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute leeks in olive oil until they break down and begin to caramelize, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another small skillet, drizzle olive oil and carefully crack a quail egg into the skillet. (Note* You can also crack the egg into a bowl and then pour the egg onto the skillet). Only cool 2-3 eggs at a time for about 1-2 minutes for sunny side up.
- Spoon sauteed leeks on top of hummus and then top each crostini with a quail egg.
- Serve immediately.