I am so excited to have my friend Allie guest posting for me! Allie and I actually met on TWITTER! And have enjoyed a few amazing dinners and several glasses of wine since! :)Allie is also an amazing food blogger and if you can tell by her name…she LOVES sweet potatoes! Well I mean really, who doesn’t?
Hi The Little Ferraro Kitchen readers! I’m Allie from Sweet Potato Bites. I’m guest posting for Samantha today while she is off on her European adventures and visiting one of my favorite cities of all time, Barcelona.
Since Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, I thought I’d share a homemade savory biscuit recipe that would be perfect for any dinner table. Grain-Free Cinnamon Cheddar Biscuits.
As someone who has many food allergies, I try to make recipes that are not only allergen-free, but easy to make. These biscuits are perfect for anyone on a grain-free or gluten-free diet, and if you are dairy-free or paleo, all you have to do is omit the cheese. Easy peasy.
Speaking of cheese, I’m sure at first glance the cinnamon cheddar may sound weird, but trust me, it’s delicious! I first tried cinnamon cheddar cheese at Trader Joe’s last year and have been hooked ever since. It’s the perfect combo of slightly sweet and savory and definitely takes these grain-free biscuits to the next level. Of course, if you can’t find cinnamon cheddar cheese a simple white cheddar mixed with a teaspoon of cinnamon will suffice as well.
This recipe does have a variety of different flours which can be found at your local supermarket or specialty food store. I used Bob’s Red Mill Brand for all of these!
Grain-Free Cinnamon Cheddar Biscuits
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons shredded cinnamon cheddar cheese or just regular cheddar with 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Lightly grease a muffin tin or fill with paper liners.
- In a small bowl mix your dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add your egg whites and olive oil and continue to mix. Add your two tablespoons of shredded cheese to the mixture.
- Gently spoon your mixture into muffin tins and lightly sprinkle each top with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
- Place muffins in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven, cool and enjoy!
These grain-free biscuits are a nice healthier alternative to enjoy with your Thanksgiving feast. Plus, it leaves more room for pumpkin pie right?
What’s your favorite dish to have at Thanksgiving dinner? Mine is definitely sweet potatoes, and now these biscuits!
Thanks again Samantha for letting me guest post! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!