It’s been a hot one across the nation and the last thing food bloggers and cooks want to do is spend their entertaining hours behind a hot stove. As I write this post, even us in So Cal have felt the effects of the climate change. Holy humidity and poof-goes Sammy’s hair is more like it. We went from blazing sunny days to rapid humidity…and the last place I want to hang out is a hot kitchen!
So this weeks #SundaySupper is a “cool” one. Jen from Juanita’s Cocina is hosting it this week and I absolutely love her and her blog! She lives in Texas and I can only imagine the glamorous weather there! The theme is “Beat the Heat”…and we’re beating it, alright! Cold, chilled and grilled items is what it’s all about this week. Get your butt out of the steaming kitchen and outside behind a grill.
This is what’s summer is all about!
Today, I am whipping up an all grilled salad that came together on a whim when I saw gorgeous corn on sale at Whole Foods. sugary charred corn with sweet grilled peppers and creamy feta tossed on top..this is a perfect summery salad.
1) Grill all your vegetables until charred on all sides.
2) Take your corn on the cob and hold it vertical in a shallow bowl. Use a sharp knife and cut down on the corn, allowing the kernels to fall off.
3) Chop up the rest of your vegetables in chunks and toss everything together. Add parsley, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Top with cubed feta cheese.
Char-Grilled Corn Salad for #SundaySupper
- 2 corn on the cob
- 8-10 mini bell peppers
- 1/4 red onion
- Fresh parley chopped
- 4 oz feta cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1) Grill all your vegetables until charred on all sides.
- 2) Take your corn on the cob and hold it vertical in a shallow bowl. Use a sharp knife and cut down on the corn, allowing the kernels to fall off.
- 3) Chop up the rest of your vegetables in chunks and toss everything together. Add parsley, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Top with cubed feta cheese.
Check out what everyone else is bringing to #SundaySupper!
- Refreshing Chunky Shrimp Salsa ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Totally Cool Green Hummus ~ My Kitchen and I
- Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites ~ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon and Goat Cheese Bites ~ Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Strawberry Gazpacho ~ Diabetic Foodie
- Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins ~ In the Kitchen with KP
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
#BeatTheHeat Salads, Soups, & Sides:
- Cool Cucumber Salad ~ Momma’s Meals
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna ~ Shockingly Delicious
- Hungarian Cucumber Salad Recipe – Uborkasaláta Recept ~ The Watering Mouth
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese ~ Cooking’s Good Vegetarian Cafe
- Char-Grilled Corn Salad ~ The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Summertime Sweet Pea Salad ~ Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw ~ Damn Delicious
- Cold Cucumber and Rice Salad ~ Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Chilly Dilly Cucumber Soup with Shrimp ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Mom’s Creamy Pea Salad ~ Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Greek (Yogurt) Potato Salad ~ Family Foodie
#BeatTheHeat Main Dishes:
- Rainbow Slaw with Steak and Chipotle Crema ~ Cooking By The Seat of our Pants
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken ~ Make Dinner Easy
- Rolling with Kimbap ~ Kimchi Mom
- Ranch Chicken Tacos ~ Pippi’s In The Kitchen Again
- Serrano Ham, Mozzarella and Arugula Sandwiches ~ Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No Bake Pizza ~ The Meltaways
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Supper for a Steal
- No-Cook Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Peach Sorbet ~ Magnolia Days
- Icebox Chocolate Pie ~ Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey and Elderflower Ice Cream ~ Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Blackberry Lavender Popsicles ~ Girlichef
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Strawberry-Lime Margarita Ice Cream ~ Cookistry
- Elegant Fruit Jellies ~ Happy Baking Days
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Baker Street
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt ~ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Espresso and Toasted Almond Semifreddo ~ The Messy Baker
- Mango Ice Cream ~ Queen’s Notebook
- Raspberry Mousse ~ Basic and Delicious
- White Apricot & Honeysuckle Sorbet ~ Family Spice
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Juanita’s Cocina
#BeatTheHeat Drinks & Cocktails:
- Shirley Temple ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Prickly Pear White Wine Spritzer ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Daquiri ~ Katherine Martinelli
- Salty Lassi ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade ~ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie ~ Daily Dish Recipes
Wine Pairings Provided By: ENOFYLZ