A perfect blend of Latin and Jewish fusion, the real winner of these brisket tacos is the quick pickled onions with jalapenos and the creamy avocado tahini sauce!
You saw brisket tacos in the title and got as excited as as a dog seeing bacon (or something like that?) Truth be told, the real winner in these brisket tacos are the quick pickled onions and jalapenos!
The brisket is a no-brainer. I just used the leftover slow cooker brisket I made a few weeks ago, which is a perfect excuse to clean off that lazy Susan and topped with extra pickled jalapenos, because I LOVE all things spicy.
And to help cool down that pickled hot pepper kick, I dolloped some avocado tahini sauce over the top But instead of blending it up super smooth as I did previously, I left it a bit chunky to keep that "guacamole" feel.
More Brisket inspiration
Brisket Tacos with Pickled Onions
Slow Cooker Brisket
- pound cooked brisket
Avocado Tahini Sauce
Quick Pickled Onions and Jalapenos
- 8 Corn tortillas 2 per person
- Lime wedges
- For the slow cooker brisket, you can find the slow cooker brisket recipe HERE.
- For the avocado tahini sauce, blend all ingredients together in a food processor or mash by hand, leaving enough texture to dollop on top of tacos. May need more or less water depending on desired consistency. Taste for seasoning.
- To make quick pickled onions, add all ingredients to a mason jar seal well. Shake jar a bit to mix everything together. Then place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- To assemble tacos, add brisket to corn tortillas and top with pickled onions and jalapenos and a dollop of avocado tahini. Serve with lime wedges.