Creme De La Creme Brulee

Ahh….the sweet cream melting in your mouth, the dark specks of sweet vanilla flavour running through out, the crystallized sugar shattering with spoons anticipation…this is the creme de la creme brulee!
Hubby and I have been talking about making creme brulee forever, and finally, the dutch of the kitchen brings home….the blowtorch! Well..we can’t turn our backs now, we’re in for the kill!
This decedent desert has always seemed intimidating to me. As a novice gourmand, I found the process of such techniques of double boiling egg yolks, tempering and water baths frightening yet fascinating.
After thorough research on the trusty Google, Alton Brown’s Creme Brulee Recipe came to the rescue.  Alton’s recipe seemed simple and sweet. Consisting of pure ingredients and not much prep, I dove in head first! Organic egg yolks, vanilla bean, heavy cream and sugar is what makes this desert so magical.
The hardest part that I’d have to say was the “tempering” and I succeeded!
You take your simmering heavy cream and add it oh-so slowly to your beaten egg yolks and sugar…and Voila! You have yourself….la creme!
Of course the prize worthy element is the burnt candy that crowns the custard. As a first-time creme-brulee maker, I probably made the sugar coating thicker than necessary, but no one complained. And it was fun to act like a pyromaniac for a few minutes.
Enjoy!

Comments

1. Nelly Rodriguez says

If only it was 2032 (I am assuming by then this will exist) and I could grab this gorgeous creme from the screen! Looks amazing!

2. Alan Cooke says

I think you messed that up! Better send it to me and let me check to make sure its right…lol Looks great and making me hungry! :)

3. Lindsey@Lindselicious says

I love creme brulee but I cant get myself to buy the blow torch (too much stuff already that I dont know where to hide). Maybe some day soon when I have a bigger kitchen. Looks great!

4. Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. says

Creme Brulee is one of my favorite desserts ever! Yours looks perfect. The first time I made it, my custard didn't come out totally right. I need to try again soon!

5. thesmartcookiecook.com says

Creme brulee is one of mine and my parents favorite desserts. Your's looks just beautiful. Alton Brown's recipes never fail!

6. Laura Jeanne says

OMG I love love love your page, plus my best friends last name is Ferraro so I guess I am a little bias as well but everything looks fantastic. Happy I found you and I will be keep checking in.
    Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño

7. Erin says

Gorgeous!! This is my husbands all time favorite dessert! I have the blow torch, now I have no reason not to make it for him!