Well how sweet is this? I was just awarded my first “blogger award” in the blogosphere world. This short time that I’ve been blogging has been amazing. Like most food bloggers, they start out of inspirations or of their family and friends wanting to see their recipes…and it’s the same for me.
Cooking and food is such a strong love of my life, and to be able to share it with others that feel the same way, makes this passion grow even stronger. I have been cooking for years, but blogging for just over a month and already the blogging community has been so inspirational and welcoming. I just love it.
So to be honest, I wasn’t planning on blogging about anything other than restaurants or food…but this is a fun change.
I was given the “Versatile Blogger Award” from Stephanie at Eat. Drink. Love.
Thank you, Stephanie, you are awesome! She is a usual commenter on my posts and has some amazingly tantalizing eats on her blog. So go check her out!
The rules of the Versatile Blogger award are to:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers!
1) If you’ve read my blog before, this is probably not THAT random…but I LOVE tomatoes. I mean, I am obsessed with them! I get more excited when my hubby comes home with a handful of organic heirlooms than anything else! I even take it personally when I see people pick their tomatoes off their sandwiches! Ahh…NO!
2) I’ve lived in 3 states. Born in NYC, moved to Hawaii when I was 14 and then moved to Southern Cali when I was 21. So I say that NY and Hawaii are my homes. I go back to both places at least once a year.
3) So this is more of a personal fact that bloggers don’t know…but I shall share. My hubby is 20yrs older than I! Yup…he is! It just worked out that way
We’ve been married for 6 years and together for just about 7. We joke around and say that my maturity and his immaturity equal to about 33yrs old! Ha!
4) Last year I was in Nursing School…and now I’m not. This has been a stressful year. I’m hoping that I find the path that God wants for me…and I hope soon! Whether it be my shot again or something else..I know that I have a lot of energy that I need to spread out into this world.
5) So this one is kinda funny..haha…my name! My legal name is actually Choleah-Holly Samantha Ferraro (Ferraro being my married name though). When I was born my mom wanted to name me Holly (my birthday is on Halloween!) and was spelling out the different ways…well…they typed both of them up! So yup..it stuck! Growing up, I’m Samantha…but legally…I’m Choleah-Holly. Cute huh? Ya..not at the DMV!
6) LOVE, love Mob movies! Casino, A Bronx Tale, Goodfellas is the best movie ever made! I’ve seen it a million and one times and can see it another million times. Best scene: Paulie slicing the garlic with a razor, classic!
7) During the holiday season, we have both a menorah and a Christmas tree! I grew up Jewish but always had a tree in the house..ha! And hubby loves both….so we blend the 2…isn’t that great?
8) I don’t eat chocolate…usually ever! Even the smell of dark chocolate makes me run! Ahh…I know…horrifying, isn’t it? Chocolate gives me migraines and it took me years to put the 2 together, so since then, I’ve trained myself to not even crave the decedent novelty. I do cheat with Nutella though…how can you not?
Woops…I did 1 too many!
OK! Now it’s time to pass this award on to some other amazing bloggers!
Again, because I am so new to the blogging community, I haven’t had the chance to really “meet” a lot of the amazing men and women out there.
So here is my list of inspirational and most welcoming food bloggers.
1) Hailey- Naked Cup Cakes
2) Julie- Sugarfoot Eats
3) Tori- The Shiksa
4) Elyse- The Cultural Dish
5) Kaitlin- I Can Cook That
6) Cassie- Bake Your Day
7) Kelly- Eat Yourself Skinny
8) Chef Dennis- A Culinary Journey with Chef Dennis
9) Kita- Pass the Sushi
10) Dani Katarina- The Healthy Hippie
11) Jenny- Savour the Senses
12) Jamie- My Baking Addiction
13) Katerina- Diethood
14) Lauren- Keep It Sweet
15) Nancy- Spicie Foodie