If you’ve read my blog before, you know that I have a love for tomatoes. Every single day, if not meal, I need to have something with some kind of tomato attached. Ha…I should probably title my blog “The little Ferraro who lives in a tomato.”
This is the simplest lunch. Organic tomatoes on the vine, roasted in the oven. The high heat condenses the natural sugars and sweet flavors of this beautiful fruit. A drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar add to its natural sweetness. Top with fresh oregano and you have yourself the perfect bite.
1) Wash and dry tomatoes. Cut them in half, lengthwise.
2) Place on baking sheet and season liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
3) Roast in oven at 400 degrees for 20-25min.
4) During the last 5min, grill thick slices of good bread. (I used a hearty whole grain bread here, ciabatta is my other favorite).
5) When done, rub a raw garlic clove on the grilled bread. The heat from the bread penetrates the raw garlic oils and gives off the slightest garlic taste that’s not overpowering of “raw” garlic.
6) Top grilled bread with 2 tomato halves and sprig of fresh oregano leaves. Drizzle with good olive oil.
Subscribe to The Little Ferraro Kitchen and receive free recipes inspired from around the world!
Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party.